CODE OF CONDUCT
When I use digital technologies and the internet I agree to be a safe, responsible and ethical user at all times by:
- Respecting other students and teachers and communicating with them in a supportive manner;
- Never participating in online bullying (e.g. forwarding messages and supporting others in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviours);
- Protecting my privacy by not giving out personal details, including my full name, telephone number, address, passwords and images;
- Protecting the privacy of others by never posting or forwarding their personal details or images without their consent;
- Talking to a teacher or a trusted adult if I personally feel uncomfortable or unsafe online, or if I see others participating in unsafe, inappropriate or hurtful online behavior;
- Thinking carefully about the content I upload or post online, knowing that this is a personal reflection of who I am and can influence what people think of me;
- Reviewing the terms and conditions of use (g. age restrictions, parental consent requirements), and if my understanding is unclear seeking further explanation from a trusted adult;
- Meeting the stated terms and conditions, and completing the required registration process;
- Handling ICT devices with care and notifying my Liaison teacher of any damage or attention required;
- Ensuring that my camera is on in every lesson;
- Ensuring that my headset is appropriate for effective communication;
- Abiding by copyright and intellectual property regulations by requesting permission to use images, text, audio and video, and attributing references appropriately;
- Not accessing media that falls outside of those recommended by ESV;
- Not downloading unauthorised programs;
- Not interfering with network systems and security or the data of another user;
- Not attempting to log into the network with a user name or password of another student.
- Not disrupting the flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner which negatively affects other students;
- Not deliberately provoke other online students;
- Not impersonate any other person or post on behalf of a student previously prohibited from access.
In addition, when I use my personal mobile phone I agree to be a safe, responsible and ethical user at all times, by:
- Keeping my device on silent during class times, and only making or answering calls or messages outside of lesson times (except when approved as part of a lesson);
- Only taking and sharing photographs or sound or video recordings when others are aware the recording is taking place and have provided their formal consent as part of an approved lesson.
I understand that if I do not agree to adhere to this online code of conduct, there will be a discussion with my teachers and parents and that I may be removed from the class permanently at the sole discretion of the ESV Director.
THE ESV TEAM